Sunday, December 27, 2009

We Finally Make It to Church

We had all bathed since Christmas Eve, and haven’t been outside much since then. Our dirtiness factor was quite low. So we decided to go to church this morning for the first time since we’ve been here. (We have been faithfully attending Bible study, so we have not been entirely separate from the body, lest any grow concerned.) Martin and Molly Bush go to Charlottesville Community Church, a startup church that meets in a school, similar to our home church in Boulder. It felt, architecturally anyway, like home. (The homey feel may also have been because the entire Bush clan visited today, about doubling the congregation, which was mostly visitors from out of town anyway.) Phil enjoyed talking to the teaching pastor afterwards.

No red flags, so we plan to return next Sunday.

One of the families moved here in July, and has a daughter age 4, just like Abigail. They had a good time playing together, and the mother gave me her number. I don’t know how soon we can do a playdate, but it was good to meet new people.

I went into the paddock to see the lamb and noticed that Acorn the ewe no longer looks round like an acorn. Yes, she has dropped, so the wait for her lambing begins. Thankfully, there are no more hundred-year storms in the forecast. (I heard that the last time a single storm dumped this much snow was 100 years ago. The deep snow of 1996 was two storms back-to-back.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey - that's me! We can do a playdate any time! And I will help you do anything-seriously, the stupid things I miss more than anything about my previous lives are people to do boring things with - like going to the grocery, or shucking corn, or canning tomatoes, or washing cars...or whatever you might be doing - and I am not afraid of my children being eaten alive, trampled, or lost in the wild - so I would happily come see you with or without them!

    ReplyDelete