Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 13: Cloth Diapers


On Friday, December 13, I started using cloth diapers again. I love using cloth: the impetus to change wet diapers more quickly because the moisture is actually touching the skin, and not being whisked away by absorbent beads; the ease of later potty training; the reduction of waste to the landfill; the increased need to pay attention to baby. But, without a washing machine, cloth diapers have been a nonstarter since moving to the land.

But I kept my cloth diapers all these years, and a friend from church had a box of prefolds that hadn't worked for her, so between the old and the new, I can cloth diaper again. And there was great rejoicing, at least for me.

Friday also was the day I was able to get in touch with the officer from the accident. He was apologetic: "We switched to a new software package in September, and although I filed on Thursday or Friday, and it looked like it had gone through, I had to spend some time with IT today to try to get it to show up. What do you need to know?"

And who of us has not, at times, had computer issues? How can I be angry over gremlins in the computer? Frustrated by the situation, yes. Furious? No.

The surprising thing, too, is that our van actually isn't totalled. I had assumed, since I couldn't open the passenger door, that the van was a goner. But, apparently, that was just the broken fiberglass pushing on the door, and not a bent frame.

Phil reassured me, too, that it is in the interest of our insurance company to make sure that our vehicle is actually safe, or they will just be dealing with another accident, perhaps far worse, down the road (no pun intended). What an unexpected blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment