Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tree Climber

I decided to really focus on cleaning up the greenhouse edges. In the morning, I had a few more raspberries to transplant out of the swales, and I had a 9' swath down the 72' length of greenhouse that needed some TLC. I figured I would weed and transplant raspberries.

Several hours later, I looked up and felt pleased with how much I had done. I estimated that I had finished two-thirds of the length. The section completed looked crisp and sharp (except for a few stray kale I am loathe to pull).

The section to go looked overgrown, but do-able.

Then I looked at the measuring tape, pulled for even spacing of raspberries. I was exactly half way.

I stopped for the day.

Phil lumber-jacked some more, enjoying the feeling of actual accomplishment, noticeable change at the end of the day.

He wasn't the only Lykosh enjoying the trees. Jadon rediscovered his latent love of climbing, and ended up calling to me when I opened the trailer door. "I can see you, Mommy!" From over the top of the trailer. He was really up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment