Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day of French Fries

With almost two inches of rain forecast, I hurried to plant as many bulbs as I could before the rains began. Right around 10am, I finished 2/3 of the bulbs as the rain began to fall. Just a drizzle, but a drizzle in red clay soil makes for mighty heavy going.

So we had an indoor day, and that was fine with me. For lunch, and then for dinner, I cut up potatoes, fried handfuls in coconut oil for about seven minutes a batch, took them out and sprinkled them with Celtic sea salt. Then, in true European fashion, we dipped them in homemade mayonnaise. Phil was away for lunch, but between the boys and I, we polished off a five-pound bag of potatoes.

And were very, very content.

1 comment:

  1. That would be a carb. coma me thinks....yummy! Also good with olive oil in the oven.

    ReplyDelete