Sunday, June 24, 2012

Twelfth Anniversary


Phil and I have been married twelve years today, a nice round number, a biblical number. We've had a good, mellow day, talking and laughing, reading to the boys (me), playing card games (Phil).

I was pleased that I could wear the same dress I wore for engagement photos, twelve years ago. (And thanks to Wilson from church for taking some snapshots of the family.)

Saturday was a great day. Phil worked on getting the metal formwork done for the concrete pour on Monday. It's a much larger, longer task than he had hoped. The bottom layer went pretty well. They're stacked on bricks, so just a little off the ground.

For the upper layer of support, he had planned to bend the rebar to fit, but doesn't have a proper bending tool. Instead, he's had to cut many segments and wire them together. That takes a long time. Happily, it's not physically demanding.

In other news, Phil had gone to mow around the orchard. He found another black-faced hornet nest in a little pear tree. We'll keep far away.

I was heading into the RV, when one came face to face with me. Happily, it let me alone.

And that's the news from the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment