Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hunting Season Begins

Phil was sick for the last three days. He finally turned the corner on Saturday afternoon, when he was able to sit up again.

Late Saturday night, I got an email about the proper homeopathic remedy for flu from exhaustion: Gelsemium. Too bad I didn't get the email on Wednesday: the other remedies I tried weren't quite right.

It's hunting season here now, as of yesterday. Phil has taken three shots at bucks on the land, but apparently his scope isn't quite right (and shooting downhill is different than shooting on the level): no hits yet. Plenty of trucks up and down the road, though.

As disappointing as it might be that we haven't made progress on the building, and as sad I am that Phil hasn't felt well, it was a great relief to me. I planted the rest of the osage oranges along the fence line; I finally managed to clean and vacuum (which I had done weekly all year until about a week or two ago): the cleaner space is welcome to us all.

And the little bit of extra space has given me a chance to think about what I want the next year to be like. I haven't had the mental space to even think about that. No real conclusions, but it's wonderful to be able even to think about such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment