Friday, July 9, 2010

Hallelujah, What a Savior!

In contrast to my nightmare, stressful last night, I awoke this morning with the chorus to "Hallelujah, What a Savior" running through my mind. So much better!

I had been asking the Lord that, if Fern would still go into heat, that I would please not miss it. If it's passed for this cycle, it's passed, but if not, please let me see it.

I went over to look at her this evening, and 1-year-old heifer Toots was licking her backside. Now that's not normal cow behavior, which made me hopeful. I knew that cows will sometimes rest their heads on the rump of a cow in heat, and figured it might work for people, too. I hopped the fence and put my hand on her rump, just a little pressure.

She didn't move away! Standing heat! Thank you, Lord!

Giovanni will come at 7am tomorrow. (He is a funny man. He has a French accent and an enthusiastic voice. He said, "I will not be pulling you from your bed? Well, if I need to, I will do it!")

1 comment: