Tuesday, August 17, 2010

To the Movies!

Ken treated us to Toy Story 3 (in 3D!), while Cheri took Joe and entertained him.

I laughed. I cried.

Would I want to watch it again? I don't know. Since the theme is growing up and the painful change that accompanies that, it's not light entertainment. And the bad guy is really, really bad, including imprisonment and interrogation by torture. That went a bit beyond.

It has a great caper escape, and a great, bittersweet ending.

But, my, was I tired when it ended.

I left with a profound thankfulness that I am not, by profession, a movie reviewer. I don't know how they do it.

The quote that I thought of, although not really related at all, comes from Newbery Medal book Elijah of Buxton.
The body is not made to endure. There's something inside so strong it flies on forever.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto! We went to a drive-in theater and I was in hysterics during the Spanish Buzz part and tears were streaming... I am laughing right now thinking about it. Reed just hid himself in the car or my lap during all the scary parts. But L and M loved it. So intense and exhausting! Whew, what a ride!

    ReplyDelete