Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy 12/12/12!

The boys and I counted the seconds to 12:12:12pm on 12/12/12. We did a happy dance for a little bit, rejoicing in our silliness and togetherness.

I have been getting some overdue reading done. Phil has been researching lumbermilling. He's found helpful information online about laying out roads and managing logs with forks.

He's kept his finger taped since his exam yesterday. The doctor's gentle probing increased his pain: he said that his finger felt every step he took as he walked down to water the cows.

And a moment of bizarreness: I was sitting in my chair reading last night when I saw a mouse dash under the dresser. I have no idea where it came from. A bit later, it dashed next to me and under the dresser again. Perhaps it was disoriented. I tried to keep my feet off the ground.

I went to bed hoping that no little mouse feet would run across my face in the night. That would be too disgusting.

Joe mumbled this morning, "Mom, there's something on me." He couldn't tell, in his just woken state if it was an animal. I pulled him aside and found

the string of our sleeping bag "comforter." He has probably touched it nightly for months. How funny that he would suddenly wake, wondering about the mysterious thing on him, a bit like a mouse tail.

Eww!

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh:) Last week our 6 yo ran into our room in the middle of the night saying "Dad, there's a mouse in my bed!" He slept in his sisters bed the rest of the night and dad put a trap on the floor by his bed... the mouse was caught by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty horrifying! We ended up catching a mouse on the floor by the bunk beds yesterday, but as far as I can tell, the mouse never actually went on the beds, just under. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete