Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Our Dumpster Goes Away


I mentioned to Isaiah this week that, when I was a girl, sometimes I would put Elmer's glue on my hands, pat the hands together until it dried, and then pull it off and see how large a layer I could get. With the rise of glue sticks, that's no longer possible, but Isaiah came up with his own method of peeling: the mud bath.

Let's just say that I washed those clothes in a load with only diapers and other items hidden away. That Isaiah—he is a creative thinker! Perhaps not always the most common sense, but I think his dad had a similar creative but no common sense mind as a child (and maybe still, a little).

The dumpster was scheduled to go this morning. At 5pm, it was taken away. Good thing Phil was working outside all day, not restlessly waiting!

It is odd to have the entire length of the driveway visible again. That's been a long time coming.

Phil had a good day of outside efforts. He cleaned up the exterior. He put up the rest of the flashing above the windows. He did some re-grading, especially to get rid of two large puddle areas.

The exterior layout is gradually coming together. Phil was initially going to use concrete blocks to stabilize the area in front of our door. But after tamping and trying to level them, he realized this would be a long, thankless task, and so he is thinking maybe a deck would be a good option.

He also dug a trench in order to begin a retaining wall.

So the day was mostly creative earth moving. Better him than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment