Monday, April 7, 2014

The Rain Held Off

As I mentioned, we were blessed with perfect weather on Friday and Saturday. I only slept three hours on Saturday night because I was so deliriously happy with fellowship and good conversation and general hospitality. A young friend gave me a thank you note that said, in part, "I haven't felt that happy and had that much fun in a really long time. Oh it was so great! I'm having trouble expressing how I feel, but I just want you to know that it was AWESOME!!!!!"

Exactly.

I did manage a nap Sunday afternoon, and then we had another five hours of fun fellowship. And once again I was happy, happy until 1am. Three nights in a row.

Do you know about love languages? There are, apparently, five basic ways that people show love: acts of service, quality time, gifts, words of affirmation, and physical contact. As a quality time gal, it makes sense that I would be so happy with over twenty hours of interaction in a single weekend.

When we got married, we thought Phil was an acts of service guy. We were talking recently and we think he's probably a quality time person, too. Which is why we talk to each other all day long, and go around feeling happy.

Today we woke up to steady rain. Rain and grey all day. High of 46. We got the heaters back out. I took three naps. (Two of them were very short and repeatedly interrupted. It's always surprising to me that a fifteen minute nap can be interrupted two times, but that's standard.)

It was a mellow day, with some school work and indoor work and cleaning and reading. A good day to be indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment