Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cleaning to Completion

When I got up today, I intended to start spreading minerals on trees right away. But before I could do that, I needed to learn about how to move the cows on my own, so that when Phil is out of town, the animals won’t starve. And I needed to feed the bees.

The kitchen, too, could use a good cleaning. And the motor home. Breakfast for the family, home trailer pick up, answer emails, comfort Joe who, although not really sick any more, has a thoroughly messed up sleep schedule and doesn’t want to eat much. . . .

I never did get to spread the minerals on the trees. The Lord knows that, too.

I just felt good to get some loops closed. No dirty dishes spread all over; most paperwork taken care of.

In the late afternoon, we had a photographer come to the farm to take Tenth Anniversary photos (ten years on June 24!). She traipsed all over the property, though between Jadon’s involuntary grimaces, Isaiah’s excited arm raising, Abraham’s (involuntary?) desire to show his belly, and Joe’s general grumpiness, I will be interested to see how many good shots she captured.

Then we all headed into Scottsville to eat celebratory gelato: Tahitian vanilla, berry, and triple chocolate. It was a great combination.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the photos! They sound hilarious. That brings me back to the last time we tried to get all the cousins together...wow, organizing children for photos.

    I bet the gelato was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...there is gelato in scottsville? I mean, happy anniversary, and excited to see your pictures...but is this gelato in scottsville any good???

    ReplyDelete