Monday, June 7, 2010

Visitors

Over the weekend, one of the things I realized was that I'm feeling a bit isolated. Who will come to visit us, as my faithful friend Tamara did weekly in Colorado, when we live so far removed from the rest of the world?

Ha! The Lord sent us not one, not two, not three, but FOUR visitors today. Jenny had come once before, back in April, and this time she brought one of our pastors, Bill. She was impressed with how much more we had accomplished.

Johanna Bush also stopped by, on the spur of the moment, and ended up taking Isaiah with her for the day. Then she and her daughter Serena came for dinner; they brought delicious Indian food, and I made tacos with our pork, and it was a great meal. It was great to have company!

It was a great reminder to me that the Lord cares even about the little things in my life, like making sure that I have friends.

Phil has been heading to bed a bit earlier, and rising really early (for him): up and working at 5:45am. This afternoon he ordered the sawmill, which won't arrive for about a month. (!) He also called Butch with a question, which was providential timing: Butch needed a strong man to assist him with a stuck machine, so Phil headed over.

He started burning some paper trash this morning, trying to get our place looking a bit more guest-worthy. When he went to help a friend with a construction project, he left me with the request that I check on the smoldering barrel periodically.

I walked out at one point to find flames shooting out of the barrel, and some paper trash burning, falling, out onto the surrounding terrain.

This freaked me out, but I managed to douse the ground with water, and the disaster was averted. Phew!

Death continues to stalk us, but the Lord's protection remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment