Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mortgage Blessing

This morning we headed up to our mortgage company to sign paperwork for the new terms of our mortgage. Incredibly, we're dropping not two percent but two and a quarter! "Merry Christmas," said our lender. No kidding!

Back home, Phil and I talked through the buildings we think we'll need for the next several decades, and talked through placement. I'm very pleased with what we came up with: it fits the land, it fits us, it's multi-purpose and practical. And we have settled on a site for our yurt, just down-slope from where we live now.

First priority: greenhouse, so we can start seedlings indoors (I can't think of a single surface that could hold seeds well in the space we have now!). And since onion seeds need to go in soon, and peppers within a month, we need to get busy.

In other news, after a week or so of absolute cheerful thoughts, I tasted a tiny bit of homemade butter. Within fifteen minutes, I grew really upset at Phil, and then started having downright depressing thoughts. Hmm. A connection? I'm hoping not.

No comments:

Post a Comment