Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Super Grumpy


Interesting Use for a Tractor, Number 1: Use the bucket to catch the woodchips so the humanure buckets have new, dry, uncompacted chips.

Looking at my vague food journal, I see that the one other time I had dairy this month, the next day I was a "weepy basket case." Blah. That about sums up today, too.

I miss eating dairy products, but I miss cheerful Amy a whole lot more. Self-hurt, anger, and hate was hard to imagine even yesterday, but 1/8 teaspoon of butter made me wonder how I could ever have been happy.

Maybe there's no connection. (I'm not planning to risk it for a good long time.)

We are moving ahead on the greenhouse. We had to talk through all the options, though, and that took most of the morning: do we have to have a greenhouse? Could we use just cold frames instead? How do we go about preparing the soil? When we finally got the corners staked, it was warm enough that the ground was completely mush. (Below is a photo of the greenhouse spot, before any changes.)

Phil spent the rest of the day reading up on growing, and I spent about 8 hours cleaning up from Christmas. I am not sure how our living areas get so cluttered and dirty so quickly, but it does.

2 comments:

  1. When I read your post I remembered this website with economical ways of doing big raised beds for either outdoor or greenhouse use. Here's the link. There's a lot of good info and ideas on this site, or so I thought! Happy gardening!
    http://www.noble.org/ag/Horticulture/RaisedBedGardening/corrugated_beds.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A greenhouse! That sounds so lovely! I was a weepy mess yesterday too...:(

    ReplyDelete