Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Third Stitches in Thirteen Months

When I got up this morning, my foot didn't hurt too badly. I peeked beneath the bandaid and it looked okay. I hoped to maybe avoid a doctor's appointment.

Then I put a sandal on. Ouch! That bunion part of the foot touches exactly where the sandal rests. The Dansko clogs also grip at that widest part. Hmm. So do flip-flops. And sneakers, of course, touch all over.

The idea of living shoeless for an unspecified period of time was untenable. I called the doctor.

Happily, within a few hours, I had the numbing shots, the irrigation, and the FIVE stitches needed.

Phil had taken me to the doctor's office so he could also run to the hardware store and get a new tape measure. I don't know if it's the third tape measure or the tenth we've had since we moved here, but we've had a hard time staying in tape measures. They break after a few weeks of work.

He had been laying out the colored panels that will close in the metal building, but rainfall this afternoon stopped progress.

I'm enjoying convalescing, as Isaiah creates art nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment