Friday, October 5, 2012

Worms and Wading


I have figured out how to create a pond that doesn't leak: dig down into the claystone. The water level has not noticeably diminished in the excavation site over the last week, and the UPS man didn't deliver the pump. Who knows when we will move forward?

The boys, though, realized that this is an opportunity, and they went wading. Abraham soon fell and banged his chin on a board; soaked from head to foot, he rinsed off, changed, and went to sleep.
The other boys, though, played. They waded; they poled themselves around on boards; they raced and splashed. Slimey clay underfoot, three inches of orange water all over: woosh!

I had a good time in the comfrey patch. I've begun to put comfrey into the ruined freezer, and today I moved the worms out of bathroom and dumped them into the comfrey. I'm hoping the worms will keep eating and expanding. The worms had done a beautiful job making perfect compost: it looked like coffee grounds, just lovely.

But since the worms kept escaping the bucket, I'm glad that they aren't in my bathroom anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment