Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Day of Rejoicing

One of our good friends shared some joyful news this morning, so happy that we spent the day just ... glad.

Caleb and I headed up to town to give flowers and beer (the former from me and the latter from Phil), and I went to the craft store for picture frames. That was so very fun: I have a nice painting of a lion and a nice painting of a deer, courtesy of Abraham and Isaiah at Float last week.

I don't usually leave the house in the middle of the day, but I did today, spontaneously, and it was very fun.

And the boys and I have been reading through one of my all-time favorite series, The Squire's Tales. We read all of number two yesterday, and started number three today.

Phil was completely prostrate all day Monday and Tuesday. Today he was better, and spent most of the day making our compost pile: scoop up the matted hay and manure with the bucket, dump in the spreader, then run it through. The broken belt was easy to fix, and he was able to work steadily all day.

He certainly smelled ripe, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment