Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Life Is One Long Party

Our friend pulled out the storage trailer. Suddenly it was gone, and to me, the spot looked like it was missing a tooth.

How different a view from outside the house trailer door!

Thursday the rain finally stopped.

Friday Phil moved the RV back and got grazing started a bit more, as well as worked on general trash pickup around the farm. He had bought some trash cans on Thursday and we filled all five of them already, just one month later.

Friday night was a party. We had somewhere over 20 friends come down. It is such an honor to have visitors, and although the party only ran about five hours, I was still so excited I was up until 1:30 and woke again at 4:30, just glad, glad, glad.

I did take several naps the next day, though.

Saturday Phil went to an orcharding workshop with Michael Phillips. He went last year, and got to go again this year. He found it helpful.

Half an hour after he got back, I took all five boys and headed into town for Synergy, a time of worship at the very cool Paramount Theater on the downtown mall. The worship leaders from ten local churches all got together and worked out a night of worship. We were front row in the balcony, which offered a perfect line of sight for the whole stage. The set lasted almost two hours, and it was very loud, but very fun. We went down to talk to our church friends in the front area until we were booted. Then the boys and I walked the mall with friends until almost 10pm.

When we lived in Boulder, Phil and I would walk Pearl Street pretty regularly. It is fun to have a walking mall designed by the same man. It's a lot more ratty in Charlottesville, but still fun on a gorgeous weekend night.

Home at 10:45pm, we left at 8:15am so I could help some friends watch children for a class the hour before church. After church, and talking until the end, Phil took the boys home (they watched a movie), and I went with two friends. We got lunch and ate from the Skyline Drive, overlooking western Albemarle County. It was so beautiful.

Then we went to Costco. I hadn't been in such a long time, it was an expensive trip. But so wonderful to be well stocked again.

Straight to community group then. We finally left at 9:30pm, after I had had over twelve hours of pleasant fellowship of the saints, after a weekend of pleasant fellowship of the saints.

Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing people are so different....your weekend is my idea of a nightmare....glad you had fun though, about time in my opinion!!!

    ReplyDelete