Sunday, March 2, 2014

February 26 and 27: Second Built-In

On Wednesday, I spent most of the day working on, and finishing, a several month project for my job. That was a great relief to get that done.

Phil started a project, the built-in bookshelves in the playroom. He made good progress in one day.

Thursday morning, I had to do a milking. Charity is not fond of being captured. I told myself I was willing to chase her around the paddock for twenty minutes, and after that I would be done. It took about that whole time before I was able to grab her lead rope. Once I had it, she did a good job for me: she planted her feet and only shifted a bit when Shadow came sniffing around.

Phil had a long morning of errands. He did the full grocery shopping for a week or two and bought tiles and trim at the big box store. In the afternoon, we sold Charity's calf to a neighbor. He did the milking in the afternoon. Charity actually bolted through the electric fence, so determined was she to avoid milking. Stress from her baby leaving the farm? Perhaps. She only gave about a quart. I was glad Phil dealt with that frustration.

Phil worked on the built-ins as well, and once that was in place, he finished off the windows above. We headed off to an excellent Bible study on Acts 3 (the lovely passage about Peter and John who heal the beggar at the Beautiful Gate: "Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have, I give to you"), and when we got home, Phil sanded the built-in until almost midnight. It was long, but he finished it.

And the boys made a scarecrow out of two grazing posts, a jacket, boots, and some discarded insulation. They were immoderately proud of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment