Monday, April 26, 2010

Grace Louise Lilly: April 16 to April 26, 2010

Jonelle called me this morning after she and Dave spent an exhausting night in the hospital. "We asked God that this would be the day of decision. Either he would miraculously heal her, which would be so wonderful, or take her home. She is so tired, and the machine wracks her body, and I want her to be at peace. Before we felt we were praying against darkness, but now we don't feel like that. We are at peace."

Soon after we spoke, she went to Gracie Lou and told her daughter that Gracie Lou could go to be with Jesus if she wanted, that the Lillys left on earth would be okay, though they would miss her so much.

Then they took her off all machines, and in the sudden quiet, Jonelle and Dave held their daughter for a precious couple of hours until Gracie Lou fell asleep, after an earthly stay of about 240 hours.

From mother's heartbeat to angel's song. From the face of earthly parents to the face of the heavenly Father.

"It was as beautiful as it could be."

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

7 comments:

  1. Crying with you. We do not grieve as the world grieves, but we grieve nonetheless. Our prayers surround the whole family. May God hold the whole family in His arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you and your sister and family, Amy. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray for your family - it's amazing how much impact God made through that little girl in just 240 hours on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I am so sorry about Gracie. We had a son die a day after he was born, He was between Bridget and Rob. I know what you are going through. I am crying as I write this. I have been praying with little Michael for Gracie. She is at peace and will always be your family's little angel. We will continue to pray for all of you. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lord for peace and comfort and all that you've given us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears are flowing here. "It was as beautiful as it could be." Though my little one didn't go through all the struggles sweet Gracie Lou did, this beautifully expresses exactly how I felt about my time with her too. So sweet but oh so bitter too. Your sister and your entire extended family are continually on my heart and in my prayers, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I have cried and cried for Gracie Lou. For her parents, and your parents, and you, so very far away. I am praying for you guys.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete