Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Will Bring Praise

In church last Sunday, we sang a new (to me) song: Desert Song. I liked the first verse; I liked the second. I sang through the chorus and reached the words, "he is here." And I remembered that my parents were supposed to be with me, that is, until their trip was delayed.

That brought tears to my eyes, but the words of the third verse
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on his promise I'll stand
made me really break down.

When Jonelle called today to say that the doctors figured Gracie Lou had 10 minutes or a bit more yet to live ("So please come to the hospital right away"), it was hard to process. It was hard to know that I'd never met that little one-pound neice. Never gave my sister a hug during this hard time.

I had a lamb die in my hands. I've had that shock of a form that breathed one minute just stop. I could imagine my sister holding her pound of love and ....

"I will bring praise. I will bring praise. No weapon formed against me shall remain. I will rejoice. I will declare God is my victory and he is here."

For today, Gracie Lou survives.

Thanks be to God.

And I am down to only 48 trees left to get in the ground. All apples, all pears, all plums are done. Leaving three apricots, one cherry, ten crabapples, and 34 peaches.

3 comments:

  1. That song really gets me too. So strong and full of faith; not where I am, but where I want to be.

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm praying for your sister and your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, we are praying for your sister, brother-in-law and Grace...all other trials pale in comparison.. I think that song is so powerful...I will sing praise...along with you!

    ReplyDelete