Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Well ... Better

Phil watered the cows this morning without difficulty. Presumably, the prayers of the saints on behalf of our recalcitrant water allowed the pump and various spigots to behave themselves. What a relief. Will it last? Who knows! But for today, we were grateful.

Phil spent the day sawyering. He has finished the logs that are here, and had a good time. He figured out some fast ways of marking the center of the small end of the logs, and that allows him to precisely cut. We have a calculator that determines approximately how many board feet the logs should have made: it should have been about 762 board feet, but he got 884! Good for him, to figure the various angles and cuts so well.

Isaiah took the camera out and played with it. I liked his photo of the chicken.

I also like the guinea in his favorite tree, the sole animal that remains since the year we came, in 2009.

And Biggles happened to catch a mouse while Isaiah was shooting, an iconic image of predator and prey.

For myself, I was thankful to (finally) get my box of homeopathy books and instructional materials. I wish I could devote much time to it, but, as my sister says, this will be a marathon and not a sprint. Too bad! So many interesting things to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment