Sunday, January 12, 2014

An Interlude for ... Etch-a-Sketch

Isaiah wanted an Etch-a-Sketch for Christmas. I had one as a girl. I was not a fan. Impossible to draw with. I didn't mention this, but I expected some level of disappointment when he actually attempted to use the thing.

So imagine my surprise when the first thing he did on opening the box was write his name in block letters. Amazing!

Joe had gotten a Woody doll (the Toy Story character). So Isaiah drew that next.

Then he did the less complex, but involved, square pattern.

He wrote the names of the older four brothers: Isaiah, Jadon, Abraham, Joe.

I think he had run out of space, so then he wrote Caleb's name.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing Etch a Sketch work! All I could ever draw on mine was stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Talk about eye-hand coordination! And, more or less, "right out of the box"! . . . A little more practice, and I wonder what he is going to be creating!?!

    ReplyDelete