Friday, October 11, 2013

October 10: Caleb Comes Home

After two wonderful days of peace and rest, I was ready to come home. Phil met with friends for breakfast and came to pick me up on his way back to the farm. It was time to go!

First time in a car seat: Caleb had no trouble at all. He didn't even open his eyes, and slept peacefully.

Phil carried his newest son down the driveway.

And then we all just had a restful day. Phil took about a four hour nap, and by 5pm, he said, "I think I could go back to bed." I was so glad he had a day to just be. It was extra good because he had the mental space and the time to free up some space on my computer. So I could finally download the photos I've been taking for the last two months. And since Caleb eats so much, I had time to add photos to the text for the last two months (I'm mortified it has been so long!).

Caleb had times of wakefulness and sleep. He joined Phil at one point in looking at a farm supplies catalog.

Caleb's brothers would come in periodically just to see what he was up to. He was usually sleeping. Or eating.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the photos, thank you. A beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thank you for continuing to read, even though I had no photos for two months. (I truly could not believe it had been that long. Good grief.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love those first days home.

    ReplyDelete