Saturday, April 30, 2011

How My Garden Grows, April 30

My 21 flats of peppers keep getting larger. Since the temperature dipped into the 30s last night, I am happy to keep them in the greenhouse a bit longer, since peppers do love heat.

I am glad to see the size of my cilantro jumped with the inch of rain this week. I love cilantro, the only plant that chelates and expels heavy metals. Eat more cilantro!

The cabbages grew visibly while my family was visiting.

My lettuces, small just a week ago, have filled in the space between them. I learned this week that "cut and come again" doesn't mean that the gardener cuts off a few leaves every day, but that the gardener cuts the whole top off, about an inch from the ground, and lets the whole head regrow. That is pretty awesome!

The walking onions, now 18 months old, have set little bulbils. They are reproducing at the top of their stalks.

And the overall photos. The earliest planting.

The tomatoes, only half staked.

And the new planting this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment