Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Planting and Blooms


The expected rain had not come when I woke at 7am. An hour later, we had almost half an inch.

By the time the boys and I had finished school, the rain had ceased, so I went to pot on more tomatoes. I actually finished 99 out of 100 of my trays!

I was heading inside, but suddenly realized that I shouldn't plan my day based on the forecast, but based on the reality. And the reality was, the sun was coming out. So I transplanted broccoli, Asian greens, a few tiny spinach plants (the spinach has not worked well for me!). Then I planted a few pounds of unusual potato varieties. It was fun. I wasn't sure how to trench my little corner of the garden. Phil had used a hoedad to plant raspberries last week; a hoedad is sort of like an axe for soil. I dragged it through our tilled garden and made a three inch trench. I dropped the cut up seed potatoes into it (perhaps not quite properly cut up: we'll see!).

And, thankfully, as evening came, a rain fell and watered my new seedlings. Hallelujah.

We have a pear in bloom.

And a few apples.

I love spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment